Yes, this is Brett. I am not as eloquent as Shay, but this MT Partay Called Life has been hijacked again.
February 23, 1996
19 years ago on this date, I asked a beautiful young woman to marry me. She had dazzling eyes and a smile that could melt an iceberg. Sympathy, love, my 1980-something Chrysler LeBaron…I don’t care what it was, I’m glad she said yes. In August we will celebrate 19 years of marriage. I had no idea where life’s roller coaster would take us. The ride has been super fun and exciting, even if there was the occasional headache from the ride or just the faint smell of puke from the amusement park;) If I could do it all over again, the only thing I would change is that I would have knelt on both knees instead of just one. Shay, I think you are more beautiful now than 19 years ago. You are GORGEOUS and I still love the eyes and the smile. Along with your increasing physical beauty (hard to beat, I know), your inner beauty is yet more impressive. You are a beautiful, talented, loving, serviceable, caring, wonderfully amazing lady. I’m a better man for being with you and am grateful you said yes.

No comments:
Post a Comment