This morning, there was a crockpot on the counter slow cooking some dinner. Plus several "secret" whispering sessions going on between Brett and the kids. I hate to admit it but it didn't even occur to me that it was a "special" day. [A downfall of having a man that makes every day with him special ;)]
So, after I picked up Liberty from the library, I was surprised that all the secretiveness and dinner and home-made decorated table had a purpose. Oops!
To celebrate our 19th Anniversary of our Engagement- everyone got in on the night's festivities.
Glory started out the evening with a "Chresher Hunt". LOL How sweet is this girl??? She did all the clues by herself written on napkins. [having been mentored by some pretty amazing other family members in the past]
Justice & Victoria had made the table "perfect" by setting it fancy, decorating the napkins and making special placetags for everyone. Justice helped Brett cook us dinner. Man, I love these people!
Next, Liberty gave me a pop quiz. She asked me questions and I had to answer them as if it was 19 years ago. Then she asked me for the answers to the questions for 2015. It was a tricky test! ;) Supposedly, Liberty had a sheet with the "right" answers on it. I was a little perturbed that Brett insisted on the fact that he knew all the correct answers. Who the heck can remember back that far???? LOL BUT---It turned out that Brett had made a copy of a page from my journal from 1996 and typed it up. That tricky boy!! {And look at me... a professional documentor even back then. LOL}Pretty much none of Brett's changed at all in the past 19 years. Mine changed quite a bit. However, that actually is pretty fitting since Brett is pretty much the same man I married 19 years ago. ME----- pretty much a totally different person. Hopefully a little improved at least in some areas. ;) LOL
Here's the Scrapbook page of our engagement night after we went back to Brett's parents house for ice cream. Don't barf at the plainness and dorkiness of my scraping back then. ;)
Here's his hand written clues when he was making up the poems. And YES- I do have the original typed ones in the original envelopes in my journal. Man! I'm an awesome documentor! ;)
What a special night to share with my cute little family.
I am so blessed to have them in my life because of
a question Brett asked me 19 years ago.
Love you, Honey! XOXO





No comments:
Post a Comment