Monday, February 22, 2016

Light from the Heavens

The last couple years have been a rough time for me. I have a million things to be grateful for but my heart has been heavy and I feel like the heavens have been bolted shut on me. I've struggled getting out of bed and getting anything done. Planning things, getting together with people and crafting (things I normally love) have been hard for me to even fathom. Relationships have been tricky and imploded from all sides. Redefining myself as a mother that is childless most of the day- has been almost impossible to figure out. Being a mother of teenagers has proved to be way harder than I ever imagined. My self talk has been detrimental and sadness has enveloped my heart.
But...
I've been going through some EMDR counseling. {I've had bad experience with counseling in the past and was skeptical about it) It's different than anything I've done before and has made me be responsible for my own answers. It's made me get in touch with my body and emotions and how they affect each other. It's led me to do a little studying about chakras. I've realized how stuck I am in my quite a few of my energy centers. I've been working on them. In turn, they have made a difference in how I see things and how I interact with others.
So... I'm just taking it one day at a time. And I've been trying to live the motto "fake it until you make it".
Somewhere along the way things have been slowly (painfully slow) changing for the better.
Today, I saw this light from my backyard---
I'm choosing to take it as a little Light from heaven. Hopefully more is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment