BUT...now that neither of us are Fargonians any longer AND I am only 3 1/2 hours away- that calls for a Ladies Weekend. It worked out that I could go down around her birthday and be able to spend some time celebrating her and our friendship.
Friday afternoon I drove down. We spent some time with the fam before we made our way over for a GNO in the Theater Room of her complex. It was fun to get to know some of Amber's new lady friends. We watched a BollyWood Film with subtitles which turned out to be a really great show. So fun!
Then we stayed up all hours of the night catching up and getting really tired. LOL We're getting old, I guess.
Saturday, after an amazing breakfast {I love friends who cook!}, we headed into town for a girls day out. We stopped and picked up a vinyl order I bought [that's a story for another day], and did some shopping at DownEast. Man- can I say- I miss the Mormon shopping stores.- modest clothing, crafty stuff, homemade goodness. It was AWESOME! I found some killer deals. I have been eyeing these Pottery Bran stockings online for a couple of years. I couldn't make myself pay $40 a pop. But $10 and a little unpicking-- totally up my alley! SCORE! Amber got some darling clothes and we totally loved their furniture that neither of us can afford! ;)
We also went to lunch. I always love Cafe Rio since I haven't lived around one for almost a decade. Thanks lady for indulging me!
Happy Birthday Lady! I have totally missed you and I'm so excited we are close enough to see each other more often! XOXO!



How fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! You both deserve an awesome break. So rejuvenating. So fun. How blessed we are to have friends! Miss you both. Love, Telindalee
ReplyDeleteWow! You both deserve an awesome break. So rejuvenating. So fun. How blessed we are to have friends! Miss you both. Love, Telindalee
ReplyDelete