Monday, November 4, 2013

Thoughts in Vinyl Craft Group


I came across this adorable Vinyl Website called Thoughts in Vinyl recently. She sells the most adorable unfinished projects with vinyl lettering. Sooo cute! I instantly fell in love with all of her stuff. Since we can't get to any wood cutting tools at the moment, I decided that I may have to order a few things from her. (Most of the vinyl I could have cut myself but I wouldn't have be able to finish the project) Not to mention she was having an awesome sale going on. Score!
Then I saw that she has button on the side of her blog for a Craft Group. Does that not sound right up my alley??? LOL The idea is pretty simple- kind of like a Pampered Chef Catalog Party. 1. Join Craft Host Email List 2. Gather Your Friends Orders 3. Submit Order all together 4. Place Order 5. Plan a Craft Party!!! Sounds so fun.
I decided to send out an email to see if anyone here in Helena would be interested in joining me. It turns out that the company is in Idaho Falls and since I was planning a trip to visit Amber down in that direction- I could save on shipping by just picking it up. Score, again!
I gave all the ladies a date {a Friday} to turn in their orders. By Thursday night, I had about $100 worth of items ordered and about 3 people interested. It wasn't exactly like I hoped but it was enough for us to get the discount and it entitled me to a free gift so- that's all you can ask for. However.... the weekend took a whole different turn. Word spread and by Saturday night, I had over $1100 in orders and 15 people interested. CRAZY!!!!! But I'm so excited!
While I was visiting Amber, we picked up the order. Three humongous boxes of Crafting goodness. ;) I am in heaven! It was lots of sorting and took forever for me to get everyone their stuff but I can't wait to get together and see them all take shape. YEAH! I forgot how much I love getting women together and doing crafts.

1 comment:

  1. You should not have shared the website. Yikes!! Going to be spending way too much money now...

    ReplyDelete