Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Best Moving Friend EVER...

...or Most Annoying, Bossy Friend EVER! [It depends on your perspective. LOL]

My best Helena Friend moved today. ;(
Jenny and I became instant friends. We are like long lost soul mates! LOL We like so many of the same things. We organize the same way. We're friendly, we craft, we sew, we serve, we collect. I told her her the first time I officially met her that I was an awesome "moving" friend. She was confused but I think now she knows what I meant.
I believe that in the last few days (plus a couple days in September) I have spent 27 hours at their house helping them get moved. I was there de-junking boxes with her, packing rooms, cleaning out fridges, packing trailers, directing traffic, scrubbing the entire upstairs floor on my hands and knees, and waving goodbye at the curb as they drove away. Due to me being there all the time and my DIRECT nature (I prefer that over the MEAN adjective people tried to use), I became the official fore(wo)man of the project. My favorite was when Kevin [Jenny's hubby] told one of the ward members, "I don't know what to have you to- go ask Shay." I got teased a lot about it! .....Seriously!!!!! I don't' mean for that to happen. It's just ingrained in me to take charge if someone needs to be. LOL I did feel bad about the time that I yelled at Kevin. Oops! I was almost finished with the floor. Remember how I scrubbed the entire upstairs hardwood floor on my hands and knees? Well, Kevin was on the phone and started wandering around. Unfortunately, his wandering led him right down the hallway and into the kitchen IN HIS DUSTY/ DIRTY COWBOY BOOTS. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! I was not a happy camper! I did apologize later to him and he hugged me goodbye so I guess it all worked out in the end.


There was tons of things they ended up not being able to fit in the trucks. I was able to inherit a couple projects that she never got around to. I'm very excited!!! Not that she had to leave them but that I can refinish them and then always have a reminder of her. I got a little bench, a few chairs to recover and my favorite is this old wooden oversized chair. I LOVE it!!! <<<<<Isn't it gorgeous!!!?


Another thing I inherited was a humongous box of old levis. Jenny's been collecting them for years. She was so sad to leave them behind. So.. I told her that I would keep them and make her something from it for her. I've spent some time sorting, tossing, cutting and sewing. A mutual friend, Grandma Lay came and helped me sew one day. The quilt has turned out so fun! It's cute enough that I've contemplated keeping it for myself. ;) However, it has become my Titantic Project. Let me explain... Jenny and I met, became dear friends and parted in a very short time span. I took a couple  of "hideous, sweaty moving ladies" pictures on my phone but other than there is no proof {except in her heart} that I even existed. LOL This has become my momento for her so that she will have proof that she actually met me and I am real. I love it!
A few more things about the Burtons and then I will let them move on. ;)
Liberty became great friends with their daughter, Sadie. We got them together several times before they left. One of my favorite was when the Three Amigos got together here at our tiny place and played Sherwood Forest. Sadie and Micah have been lifesavers for Liberty transitioning to Helena.
How cute are these girlies???
They put me in charge of finishing up a few things that weren't done as they drove away. As crazy as it's been, I am sad that it's almost all taken care of. Mainly because it means they are really gone. ;( Best of Luck in your new adventure, Burton Family. You will be missed so much! Thanks for the fun memories. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment