Tuesday, November 5, 2013

5th Grade Band Concert

Justice had his first Band Concert tonight at the school.
When Justice first told us he wanted to play trumpet, I admit that I cringed. I've heard horror stories of the screeching sounds that fill your home as someone learns to play. BUT- he really wanted to and we really want our kids to play instruments and learn to read music so... a TRUMPET it is!
The first couple weeks were rough. You know how happy kids are to listen to their mother and practice. LOL To top that, he couldn't quite hit the notes so he was getting frustrated. Unfortunately, Brett and I are no help in that respect. Luckily, Mr. Pipinich was willing to have him come in and get some extra help one morning. That did the trick!!! As soon as he learned how to hit the notes, he took off. He's doing great and loves it!!!
Fast forward a couple of months and he finally got to participate in a concert. It was awesome!!! They have a huge 5th grade Band. They did a great job! Tonight was the first time they all played together. It was impressive.
Way to go, Kid! We are very proud of you! Keep up the good work!
We also got to see our Church friends, Dallin C. and Micah L. perform

No comments:

Post a Comment