Sunday, April 17, 2016

Avocado Plant

When we moved from UT to North Dakota in 2004, I had a pretty awesome Avocado Plant that I had started from scratch. It was a foot or more tall. It was probably the 1st time, I'd ever been able to keep something alive that long (except for children. LOL). Unfortunately it met an untimely death due to some good ol' Dakota weather & being left in a car for the night. Oops!
For some reason, Justice has been interested in getting his own started lately. He tooth-picked and submerged his 1st avocado pit several months ago (like a lot of several months)!!!! And nothing happened. It almost got thrown away on a number of occasions. But he was patient and a few weeks ago, he was able to transfer it into a pot. And then the magic happened. It has been growing like crazy ever since. He's super excited! He even talked his 2 sisters into growing their own. We have our own little garden on our back window sill. They have grand plans of making their own home grown guacamole in a few years! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment