We have really struggled this last year or so as to the best way to combat the "Electronic Zombies" that live in our home. It seriously is so hard to allow kids to enjoy and experience this day and age's technology with out being completely taken over! I finally came up with these Family POWER boards. (like BINGO except I wanted it to be a little more meaningful) Everyday the kids have to do their normal things- like homework and chores and dinner jobs but then additionally they have to do 3 things off their POWER boards before they can get on their electronics. For every 5 in a row they complete- they earn a treat from our Family POWER candy jar. If they go the extra mile and get a blackout- there is a special treat in store. It will be different incentive every week but we are thinking of things like *king-size candy bar *date night with mom & dad *gift card to favorite store *stay up late for a movie/snuggle with mom & dad *etc. Also- every week, we wipe the boards off and switch them so it's always new and exciting, right? Wish us luck for our new adventure in parenting!
I thought for sure the older kids would fight me about it but so far everyone's participating. It's helped us all be a little more productive & active. Go family power!!!
Here's the boards I made on my scrapbook program. So fun!
Quotes are all different. I love them!
"By small means, the Lord can bring about great things."
" If you let HIM be the leader of your family, things WILL work out!"
"Try & keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible."
The past is behind, LEARN from it. The future is ahead, PLAN for it. The present is here, LIVE it.
No comments:
Post a Comment