StudentsReaching Out
SRO is students reaching out to other students, teachers, parents and members of our community. We will improve our school, environment and community through positive hands-on activities. We value people, good work ethic, positive attitude, good purpose and the pursuit of excellence!
We are fairly new in the school and don't know tons of people so I was trying to talk him into just joining the SRO and then running for a position next year. But he really wanted to try so although we were a bit behind on getting signed up and putting up posters- we gave it a go! Justice helped me look up some ideas online for posters that would say, "Justice for All". Then we took some pictures and worked up some posters on my Scrapbook Program. They turned out AWESOME! We blew them up to poster size and several smaller ones to hang up around the school. So cool!
On Thursday (even though it said Friday on the handout- Oops! ...it made it so we didn't really get to dress him in his Captain America shirt or even really practice. Bummer!), Justice gave a speech in front of the Student Body. He did an amazing job! He improvised a few parts as needed and even complimented his opponent but he's what his basic speech was like:
Hello,
My name is Justice Seamons,
I am running for 7th grade representative.
I like sports and hunting and also play the trumpet.
I have three sisters, so I know how to be patient.
I used to live in Utah & North Dakota.
I moved to Montana City almost a year ago. I really like Montana City and Montana City School.
I am a boy scout and I love helping in my community.
I am trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, and brave. Oh wait is that me or Captain America we’re talking about? (pause if there’s laughter)
I wish the other candidates good luck but hope you vote for me and give me the opportunity to be your representative.
In conclusion, remember to vote for Justice Seamons for 7th grade representative. I will represent fairness, hard work, fun and Justice for All!
My kids always amaze me how they are so brave and charismatic. Who do they belong to? ;) After the assembly, the students voted. The next morning, Justice found out that he WON!!!!! Way to go, kid!! So proud of you!



No comments:
Post a Comment