Apartment life is always interesting and sometimes scary. We cannot tell you how excited we are for this phase of our lives to be over. Our new home can't be built fast enough!
This morning was one of those SCARY apartment moments.
While Brett took the younger kids fishing, Liberty and I slept in. Oh how we LOVE to sleep in! My glorious slumber was rudely interrupted however by streams of foul language and slamming doors coming from upstairs. [I'm pretty sure I've heard the "F" word more in the last month than most of my life combined] I decided to slightly open the blinds so I could keep an eye on things without being detected. I also called Brett and told him to not let the kids walk inside by themselves when they got here. Then I just watched as people came up and down the stairs slamming things around, screaming and swearing at each other. Pretty scary and heartbreaking! At one point I heard a large crash and then people pouring out of the apartment and quickly getting in the truck. A girlfriend of one of the boys pulled up and the dad yelled at her to follow them. Then they all sped away. I stayed inside just in case they came back.
Brett showed up a little while later. He walked Justice inside like I had asked him. On their way in, they discovered broken glass and blood all over the sidewalk. So we called the cops and the owners of the apartment building. Crazy, huh? We talked to the cop for a bit and left them our number before we took off to do our Easter weekend activities.
It turns out one of the crashes I heard was the older boy's fist going through the 4 panes of glass in the window. OUCH! When they all drove away- it was to take him to the hospital.
Unfortunately for our new owners [they bought the place about a month or so ago], the tenants upstairs were supposed to be moved out yesterday. What a mess! Larry & Missy (owners) came over in the afternoon and cleaned up all the glass. Then we spent some time visiting with them and cleaning up around the apartment while they waited for the upstairs tenants to get back and move out.
All in a day of an apartment dweller, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment