Tonight we had our Relief Society Birthday Dinner activity at the Church.
![]() |
| Invite for the Evening |
Our theme for the night was Walk a Day in My Shoes. It was fun to have a few sisters in the ward share some of their fancy shoes for decorations. So cute!
We started out with a prayer and a pasta bar for dinner. We had three different pastas, 3 different sauces, a great spinach salad and bread sticks. Yummy! And I took pictures of our gorgeous sisters.
Then we had everyone move their chairs into a circle in the middle of the room so we could all see each others beautiful faces. ;)
We showed the sisters this video called Daughters of God. I loved it because it celebrates our differences and strengths as a Relief Society.
I shared a short message-
From President Hinckley- "When Sister Hinckley and I were much younger and less stiff and brittle, we would go to dances. She would tell you that this stopped right after we were married. I must confess that I enjoyed her company more than I enjoyed the dancing.
Back in those days there was a popular song, the opening lines of which were:
Somebody loves you, I want you to know,Longs to be near you, wherever you go.I have interpreted those words differently from the meaning given by the author. I wish you—each of you, wherever you are—to know that you are loved. You are loved by your Father in Heaven, of whose divine nature you have partaken. And He desires that His Holy Spirit will be near you wherever you go if you will invite it and cultivate it.
There is something of divinity within each of you. You have such tremendous potential with that quality as a part of your inherited nature. Every one of you was endowed by your Father in Heaven with a tremendous capacity to do good in the world. Train your minds and your hands that you may be equipped to serve well in the society of which you are a part. Cultivate the art of being kind, of being thoughtful, of being helpful. Refine within you the quality of mercy which comes as a part of the divine attributes you have inherited.
Some of you may feel that you are not as attractive and beautiful and glamorous as you would like to be. Rise above any such feelings, cultivate the light you have within you, and it will shine through as a radiant expression that will be seen by others.
You need never feel inferior. You need never feel that you were born without talents or without opportunities to give them expression. Cultivate whatever talents you have, and they will grow and refine and become an expression of your true self appreciated by others.
To go along with our theme and for those of you who couldn't read the tiny print on the invite. I wanted to share the quote on there in preparation for our next part.
"Shoes are worn for different reasons, and every pair has a story. Just like shoes, women are in different Seasons of their life, and every woman has a story!"
Did you finish a tough race with your running shoes? Did you dance your way into someone’s heart with your dress shoes? Did you have a memorable vacation in your flip flops?
The choice is yours! Be as creative and inventive as you like! This will be a great opportunity to get to know some of our new sisters and find out new things about our old friends.
We had asked each sisters to wear a pair of shoes that they could use to tell a story about themselves. We went around the room by age- Oldest to Youngest or "Most experienced by Least experienced" if you prefer. LOL It was really neat to see how a simple pair of shoes can share so much about a person. I loved all their stories and getting to know them better. So fun!
We ended the night with a prayer and a darling dessert. Elizabeth Inman (she's on the committee) made these darling cupcake high heels. I could just eat them up- they are so cute!!! Oh yah... I did!!
P.S. We also asked that the sisters bring gentle used shoes they have to donate to a place called The Friendship Center. "The Friendship Center is the only shelter in Lewis and Clark, Jefferson, Broadwater, Meagher, and Powell Counties that provides a safe haven and a broad range of support services at no charge for anyone who as suffered domestic violence and sexual abuse." We had a great response! Thanks ladies!
I think the activity turned out good. I hope the ladies like it as much as I did!






No comments:
Post a Comment