We still had some time to kill so we headed back towards Lahaina to check out the Maalaea Overlook. It's a pullout on the side of the road where you can see 5 different islands that surround the Maalaea Bay and protect it from the tradewinds. [as well as the crater that we didn't make it out to this time] During the winter months, you can often see whales here. How cool would that be? {Note the drawing at the bottom of this sign. I got real life pictures at the end of this post. So cool!}
The family walked down to the cliffs below and threw in rocks to the swirling water below. It about made me throw up with how close they got to the edge. Ahhhh! I loved the little lighthouse around the corner that can point out to the Molokini Crater.
Here's the Pano I took of all 5 islands. It is sooooo gorgeous! You almost have to be able to zoom in to see all the islands though. That's a bummer!
Here's the best I can do to zoom in from left to right:
I am blown away with the majesty of Hawaii and all the blue, gorgeous water! I am sad to leave that part behind.







No comments:
Post a Comment