Saturday, June 6, 2015

Catch Fishing Fever

Last year, I heard about this community event called Catch Fishing Fever. Unfortunately, it was full before I could sign up the kids. So I got on a waiting list for this year. We got registered even before it was open to the public.
Early this morning, Brett took Justice, Victoria and Glory out to Canyon Ferry Lake at the Silo Campground by Townsend.

They did stations and learned all sorts of things about fishing like tying knots, water safety and fish identification (native Montana fish). They received backpacks, hats, sunglasses, fishing poles and lures. They got all that for FREE. How awesome is that!!!??

They also got to go out on a boat to do some fishing! They got 2 BIG fish!!!

We (Liberty, Becky, Josie and I) joined them at lunchtime. They actually fed us all as well. We ate hot dogs and chips on the beach. The kids fished a bit more from the shore. They skipped rocks. They all waded in the lake. Liberty and Josie took a walk down the beach. We had a great time!

It was perfect weather for such a fun day!!! Here's the info about the day:

When we got home, Justice measured his fish. It was 20 1/2 inches long!!! They cooked it up and ate it for dinner. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment