One of my favorite blogs posted this video last week. It's so thought provoking that I thought I would share it.
Life is so much about BALANCE.
Technology is amazing and a reality for us in the world today and will continue to be in the future. It has opened doors to being connected globally. It allows us to do so much that we would have never done without it. It's mind-blowing actually. And I am guilty of indulging in it's possibilities.
I love Google Search. I can find ANYTHING I want to know about. And even stuff that I never wanted to know about. LOL
I "got with the times" and upgraded to a smart phone this last year. Truth be told- I love it!!! I love asking Siri where to find things. I love never being lost. I love texting a quick note to friends to tell them I'm thinking about them. I love being able to play a game while I am waiting for the kids after school. I love having a calender handy and alert reminders of upcoming events.
I love to blog! It allows me to remember this awesome life I live. It allows me to share it with others. I know I blog a lot (my kids even lovingly call me a "blog-aholic") I always dispute their accusations by telling them I only blog when we do something I want to remember. ;) Guess we have to stop being so awesome and then I wouldn't have anything to blog about. LOL! I do hope my efforts in documenting our life will be a treasure for me and my cute family long after I am gone.
But I certainly recognize that technology can be dangerous. It can consume you. It can rob you of a really meaningful life surrounded by people you love. It can take you down paths you feel you can never return from. It can become all you know- if you let it.
This video reminded me that I want to Look Up and recognize more all that life has to offer. How 'bout you?
(He says one word that might be offensive so be careful if u let kids watch it)
No comments:
Post a Comment