I was in charge of throwing a Tri-Ward Dance tonight. (Our Ward tries to do one every six months or so. It's a blast!) I was nervous because I've been in denial of it all week. But nothing like the last minute to pull things together. Our theme was Love One Another. And you know how I feel about themes! ;)
We bribed our Bishop with a box of chocolate to be the DJ. He is AWESOME! We had everyone bring a snack to share at our LOVE-ly food table. We set up card games on beautifully decorated tables of white table clothes, glass vases, roses and red rose petals for those that were too chicken to dance. (Oh you know who you are, people!) [BTW- I ROCK at Spoons! WhooWhoo] I stole some of the games they played last time but with a LOVE Twist on them. Then I added a few new things. I think it turned out way fun!
One thing I added this time was a photo booth. My dear creative friend, Heather suggested that I bring props. It was a huge success! Everyone- I mean everyone- came and dressed up and had their picture taken. It was so funny and we all looked AWESOME! I luv it!
We also did a "Bro Pic" and one for the Ladies. I love these people!!
Half way through the night, we tried a new group game- Reverse Charades. We broke into 4 groups. Each group had a set of words to guess and 2 minutes to do it. There is ONE guesser and the rest of the team acts out the word. It was pretty funny! The winning team got ALL 14 words. Way to go, Team Russia!
Then we finished the night with the Bishop's favorite- Musical Chairs. A game of fun, laughter, violence and possibly broken chairs and extremities. Not sure there was anyone who walked away without at least a bruise- (a body part or their ego). LOL Our Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalists were Chad Guymon (winner!), Brett Seamons and Mike Chambers. They were a force to be reckoned with, for sure. [Brian P. wasn't there to defend his title- slacker!]
Oh... and we danced too. All night long, baby! ;) Which is super-duper fun as well. We had balloons to throw around this time and it's always fun to just be silly and be together. Plus I got several slow dances with my sexy boyfriend. What a fun night!!






No comments:
Post a Comment