When we moved into our new home, we made a decision that we didn't want the basement to be unfinished for years. So, we recently bought a few supplies to be able to work on it this Winter. We started with our Food Storage room. Can I say.... I'm sooooooo excited!!!?
Our Church has always encouraged us to be self-reliant.
"We encourage members worldwide to prepare for adversity in life by having a basic supply of food and water and some money in savings. We ask that you be wise, and do not go to extremes. With careful planning, you can, over time, establish a home storage supply and a financial reserve."
So...since before Y2K, our family has tried hard to have some kind of food & water supply. We have gone from a zillion #10 cans & big water barrels to rolling shelves and pop bottles full of a 2 week water supply for each family member. We have learned a lot of what we really use and what would be good just for emergencies. We have learned what we like and what we don't!!! ;) And most relevant to this post is that as we built this home- we planned a place to store it all.
The last week or so, our family dragged everything out of the little room, finished it up with flooring and drywall and then put everything back. It looks amazing!!
I realize that I didn't take a picture of what it looked like with everything in it before. Lame!!! But...
We went from this to this...
And this to this....
And after putting together my new AWESOME shelf (all by myself btw), we look like we are open for business! I have a few more things to get and a lot more stocking up to do BUT I Love it! It makes me so happy!




No comments:
Post a Comment