Part of having a twelve year old boy means that you have the opportunity to have something very special happens in your home.
Last week, Justice was interviewed by the Bishop and found worthy to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and be ordained to the office of a deacon. Today was the very special day!
Our whole family was able to go down and see Justice get the Priesthood. It was super special! I brought my camera to take a picture of all the men in the circle. Brother Payne had to laugh at me and told everyone that it wasn't a Seamons event without a picture! He is SOOOO right!!! LOL
We are so proud of Justice and his righteous example to us and to others. He is a super special boy! Love this guy! XOXO
Here's the men that participated in this special ordinance. (Left to Right:) Brother Steve Fife, Tyler Fife, Bishop Brian Staley, Brother Brett Seamons (Dad), JUSTICE, Brother Brian Payne, Tim Earl, TJ Wilkerson, Alex Caldwell and Brother Alsbury (YM President)

Here's a few things that were said in his blessing:
* Heavenly Father is happy with your righteousness
* Look to the Savior
* Study the Scriptures and Pray every day
* Cast out the Adversary from your life
* Your example will be a good influence to those around you
* Remember the scripture that states- "The Priesthood is only to be handled upon the principles of righteousness"
* The Priesthood is to serve, bless and provide ordinances to return to Heavenly Father
* As you do this service, you will feel the happiness.
* Priesthood will prepare you for a mission
* Seek the Spirit
* You will have health and strength
* Your mind will be open to the Gospel and the things of the world.
When we asked him about his day- Justice said- "I felt good. I felt way happy like I was all tingly. I almost laughed because I was so happy!"
The next week Justice was able to pass the Sacrament for the 1st time. Brett and I couldn't help but smile the whole time. There's nothing like watching your children grow up in the Gospel and make good choices. We love it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment