Friday, October 17, 2014

Wilderness Escape 2014

A couple months ago, I met this really neat lady named Jenny. She's a mom of one of the kids that played football with Justice (and the Dad coached). We also crossed paths at my new gym. She likes some of the same classes that I do except she kicks my butt at all of them. LOL I think we'll be good friends. She has a darling little family. They are all such good people.
Anywho-
I was looking over the school announcements a few weeks ago and they had this little paragraph about a Wilderness Escape for the kids over the long weekend. (Schools out this Thursday and Friday for Teacher Conferences) It was a 2 day camp during school hours those days for kids K thru 6th. If you were interested it said to call Jenny Genger. (My new friend) I gave her a call to see what it was all about. It's a condensed version of Vacation Bible School put on by her Church as a service to the community for a kids to have a place to go with school out. She was soooo excited about it {seriously- her attitude is contagious} that I decided to have my kids sign up. I also called several friends to have them come as well. Turns out that we pretty much filled all their leftover spots. Win-win situation! 

The kids were a little bummed to not be able to sleep in on their days off but they ended up having a fabulous time. They divided all the kids into tribes. They got to meet Moses. See him part the Red Sea. They met Malachi. He taught them to not complain about trials we go through. They did crafts. They visited the bakery. They got to hang out with friends. They learned and sang songs. They danced. And they learned about trusting God. 
What an amazing way to spend their time off. Thanks Jenny & the Grace Community Fellowship family. My kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment