Saturday, August 2, 2014

UT: Ogden Temple Open House

Even though we just moved in to our new house & haven't quite unpacked yet- we decided to take the weekend to go to UT. One of the bonuses of going this weekend is that Cheri got us tickets to the Ogden Temple Open House.

Most of the Davis Family & us headed into Ogden for the tour late Saturday morning. It's completely been redone and doesn't look anything like the Ogden Temple we remember. Here's Brett & I standing in front of the old Ogden Temple in 1997:

Here was us today in the redone Ogden Temple 2014. See? Nothing alike.

We did the tour. Brett explained tons of things to the kids. They also LOVED sitting n the Celestial Room. They never wanted to leave! After wards, we went through the Tabernacle and the Visitors tent. They had a fun backdrop that we got our picture taken in front of.

They also had a Christus Statue replica which I took a picture of Glory touching. How precious is that?
I love that my kids love to touch the temples. It's such a special place and I know they feel the spirit of it when we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment