Saturday, September 28, 2013

Relief Society Broadcast


Date night with the Payne's was to the Montana City Grill & Saloon. A little expensive but way yummy food! And so fun to have started a little tradition of going out with Brian and Allie. We love hanging out with them.


After dinner, the ladies left the men to pay the bill while we headed to the Church for the annual Relief Society Broadcast. We made it there a little late but I'm so glad we went. There is something about getting together with the women of the Church. And actually getting to sit and listen (who can do that at home with children or hubbys in the mix?) to a Prophet's voice. We also got to stay after and visit with some new friends over Ice Cream and brownies. What could be better?

A few things that really spoke to me this time were:
1- People need People! Being baptized means that I have covenanted to reach out to others and be an answer to prayers. I need to ask myself- Who needs me today that I could share God's love with?
2- I need to PREPARE to take the Sacrament each week.
   *Review my week
   *Repent of wrong doings
   *Pray to be prepared to be washed cleaned through Christ
3- The Lord allows us to be tried and tested. Even if we feel like we are being burned to the ground- God will not leave me in the ashes. He is building me in a beautiful temple! "After much tribulations comes the blessing"
4- Did you think to PRAY?  Prayer is one of the most powerful tools God has given me IF I choose to use it!





No comments:

Post a Comment