Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Activity Days (FIGGS)


We just started up Activity Days again in our Ward. (We had the Summer off.) We are joining with another Ward to increase the amount of girls involved. The other Ward calls it FIGGS (for Faith in God Girls)  I had the opportunity to help out with their "get-to-know-you activity to kick off the year, It was so fun. I'm in love with all these cute girls!  




They started out by doing a little Duck*Duck*Goose with an opportunity to tell each other something they admired about each other. We got a lot of "I like your hair" or I like your shirt" comments but it was still way cute.


We played a game with a lot of statement that could be applicable to the girls. Examples- I love chocolate! I have blue eyes. I love activity Days! etc. If it applied to someone they followed the directions to either move to the left or move to the right. (even if someone else was in that chair LOL) It was pretty funny!! The goal was to make it all the way around the circle and back to your orgiinal seat. Silly!

The last game we played helped the girls learn each others names. We did a little Memory practice with them and then played the game. The leaders, Annie Hartwig and Kim Jenkins divided the girls into 2 groups. They held up a blanket in the middle. One girl from each side would sneak up to be right next to the blanket. We would count to three and drop the blanket. The first girl to name the other girl correctly was the winner. Super great way to learn each others names. 


Here's our cute group of girls & their leaders:

And being Silly:

And silly-er:

No comments:

Post a Comment