Saturday, November 28, 2015

Popcorn Popping on the Christmas Tree

I can't believe the Christmas Season is upon us again! Where does the time fly???? My family knows that I hate the commercialism of Christmas & I try hard to make us stop and enjoy Thanksgiving before we jump into the craziness. It's a family joke that they sneakily try to listen to Christmas music in November without me hearing it. I held them off as long as I could but the day after Thanksgiving- all the Fall decor was down and the red & green boxes were out!!!! Let the madness begin!
My family was super excited so, we put up Christmas trees this weekend. And lit them up with our Tree Illuminator! (Sidenote: I got these Illuninators on a killer deal at the end of the season last year. I thought they'd be fun. Then we ended seeing this Hallmark movie this year that uses a Tree Illuninator. Now- they are super special and the kids are loving them! You twist the candy striped poll and push it down. It plays music and then magically turns on the lights of the tree. Joy!)
So... Here's the fun:
3,2,1... uh??

3,2,1... what?

3,2,1... why isn't this thing working?

Try again. 3,2,1....

One more time! 3,2,1...Tada!
(We didn't know we had to twist it or the batteries were dead- I can't remember. But it was funny!)

The downstairs cooperated way better! 3,2,1...Hurray!

Then the kids decided to make the downstairs tree a CANDY Tree! They are going buy and tie all their favorite candies on it & then eat it all Christmas day! LOL But they wanted to start with a garland made of POPCORN! It was a fun Family Project! We strung popcorn and cranberries while Brett played Name that Tune with his iPod. Oh the Christmas Memories!

Here's what it ended up looking like after we tied all the candy on it. 

And here's my son eating all the popcorn off of it before we took it down. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment