Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pie After Women's Broadcast

Liberty had already committed to babysitting before we realized it was Women's Broadcast (I know-lame on my part. Oops!) So Victoria and I had a special date to listen to the broadcast and go out for dessert with some of our friends. 
The Broadcast felt as if it was particularly written for me. A few of the things that meant the most to me were:
*It is time to take that beloved phrase “I am a child of God” and add the words “Therefore, what?”
*Because you are His child, you not only need Him, but He also needs you. Those sitting around you right now in this meeting need you. The world needs you, and your divine nature allows you to be His trusted disciple to all His children.
*When we are involved in watching, reading, or experiencing anything that is below our Heavenly Father’s standards, it weakens us. Regardless of our age, if what we look at, read, listen to, or choose to do does not meet the Lord’s standards in For the Strength of Youth, turn it off, rip it up, throw it out, and slam the door.
*Sisters, I do not know why we have the many trials that we have, but it is my personal feeling that the reward is so great, so eternal and everlasting, so joyful and beyond our understanding that in that day of reward, we may feel to say to our merciful, loving Father, “Was that all that was required?”
*Speaking of a 102 old woman that is serving in YW and just received her medallion-  Afterward, I asked Sister Hoskins, “How did you do it?”She promptly responded, “I repent every day.”
*Eva asked Great Aunt Rose- "Why are you so happy?” 
         “There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life. These folks are the happiest people I know.”
         “But,” Eva said, “you can’t just flip a switch and go from sad to happy.”
          “No, perhaps not,” Aunt Rose smiled gently, “but God didn’t design us to be sad. He created us to have joy! So if we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, hopeful things of life. And sure enough, the world will become brighter. No, it doesn’t happen instantly, but honestly, how many good things do? Seems to me that the best things, like homemade bread or orange marmalade, take patience and work.”
         Talking about what made a change in her, Aunt Rose shared- “I discovered faith. And faith led to hope. And faith and hope gave me confidence that one day everything would make sense, that because of the Savior, all the wrongs would be made right. After that, I saw that the path before me wasn’t as dreary and dusty as I had thought. I began to notice the bright blues, the verdant greens, and the fiery reds, and I decided I had a choice—I could hang my head and drag my feet on the dusty road of self-pity, or I could have a little faith, put on a bright dress, slip on my dancing shoes, and skip down the path of life, singing as I went.”

After the Broadcast, we visited for a bit at the Church with friends that stayed there for ice cream. Then, we went to Shelly's for some pie, fries, and shakes. Yum! Fun Mommy/Daughter time! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment