This weekend, our Stake had the special opportunity to have the Presidents from the General Church Leadership (of the females) come visit Helena.
On Friday night, I (Shay) got to attend a training session where Sister Burton spoke. I thoroughly embarrassed myself when I made a comment that made the audience audibly growl at me. I used the phrase "stuck in Primary" which didn't make several people very happy at me. In my defense, I love Primary and was simply stating in past tense how they "stick young sisters in Primary" but the damage was done. Sister Burton just smiled and said she knew what I meant but thought she'd better address it before the situation escalated. LOL Oh man! Leave it to me to cause problems in front a Church authority. ;) Oh well! What do you do? The rest of my comment was very appropriate even if everyone had already written me off.
On Saturday morning, Liberty and I got to participate in a small focus group with Sister Oscarson from the General Young Women's Presidency. She is so down to earth and super kind. It only ended up being 17 of us in a room. How special is that? She had great advice which she related to a High5. Fun! Then, we all got hugs from her and took pictures, of course. So neat!
Chance would have it that Sister Burton was outside the room when we came out. It gave me the opportunity to get a picture with her. And also apologize for my comment the night before. Luck would have it that she DID remember me for my disruption. Shoot! LOL Well at least I got to express my regret for how my comment was received. We had a good laugh and she gave me a hug.
The whole weekend was a bit surreal but so special!



No comments:
Post a Comment